Thursday, September 26, 2013

And The Response Is... (Second Response)

     Who would've thought that there would be so many rules and regulations of journalism. I mean, yeah, I figured that we would go over a plagiarism and cheating unit, as we did. I figured that Mr. Miller would discuss and reiterate that being truthful in your work is important, as it reflects upon the accuracy of one's work. I was completely overwhelmed when I learned that there were nine principles and seven yardsticks of journalism that we need to know. This was the largest packet that I have received so far in his class, which is good, because I hate packets. Especially thick packets. But as we went over the packet, I became more familiar and comfortable with my background knowledge on each of the principles/yardsticks terms. Stuff like being loyal, highlight the important and significant facts in your article, be fair when you right, don't be bias, and so on. I am praying now that there are no more principles and yardsticks to be learned, because I'm probably at my maximum point now when it comes to taking things and processing them into my brain and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment